The grade of I (incomplete) may be assigned only when a student fails to complete the work of a course because of an emergency. In order to receive a grade of I, the student, in consultation with the professor of the course, must complete an Incomplete Grade Request Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs. The student and professor are required to agree to a due date for the incomplete work and specify that due date on the Incomplete Grade Request Form. In all cases, if the work recorded as an I is not completed within 30 days after a student enters his or her next semester (excluding the summer session), the grade automatically becomes an F (failure). A graduate degree will not be awarded to a student who has an I grade on her or his record.